Friday 24 May 2013

The Future



 
Since I’ve become a foster carer it’s given me a positive prospective to fostering removing doubt and the stereotype I previously had. It has enriched our lives in so many ways. It’s helped my children and wider family members to appreciate the immense responsibility undertaken. The care, security and attachments these vulnerable children need to develop well. It has drawn awareness and understanding of various religions, cultures, heritage and most importantly, that universally we all are the same in our needs for security, love and care. We all need opportunities for a better start in life.

I consider my future very much in foster caring. This is what I love best. I draw immense fulfillment and satisfaction by showing compassion and empathy to other lives that have been deprived of their basic needs; which we all so often take for granted. Despite the challenges I sometimes face, it’s rewarding to know that I’ve instilled a positive difference in a child that will hopefully carry throughout their lives. This is what makes it all so worth it.

I hope you have all been enlightened and enjoyed reading about my life as a foster carer over the last 10 days. I have certainly enjoyed sharing it with you.      

No comments:

Post a Comment